St Nicholas's Church, Dundalk
Map Reference: J048077 (3048, 3077)
The church of St Nicholas was largely rebuilt in 1707 but contains some identifiable medieval remains. The original building had a south aisle and the blocked arches of the aisle arcade can be seen in the south wall of the nave. The bell-tower is probably a later medieval addition although the top is modern, as is the spire. Throughout the church re-used medieval stones can be seen , especially at some of the quoins and the rebuilt windows.
Return to County Louth List
Return to Gazetteer