Omeath Railway Crossing House
Map Reference: J141169 (3141, 3169)
This level-crossing keeper's house was built in the 1870s. It is so close to the railway station that it may have doubled as a stationmaster's house. It closed in 1952. The station platform can be seen just to the rear of the building. The station building appears to have had wooden cladding and there is now no trace of it. The crossing-keeper's house is a three-bay single-storey building with a small south porch. The building is now a private dwelling and retains its original form and its timber sliding sash windows.
Return to County Louth List
Return to Gazetteer