Map Reference: N871800 (2871, 2800)
There was a church still standing on this site in 1837 but there is now no trace. The gravestones are a mixture of ancient and modern. several of them date from the 18th century. Within the graveyard stands the upper portion of a small cross with a solid ring. It is about 65cm high by 33cm across and 10cm thick. There is some carving but it is obscured by weathering and lichen. Beside it is a stone with a bullaun about 23cm diameter.
One of the gravestones is a re-used millstone. It is dated 1813. Close to the entrance to the graveyard is an octagonal font. The angles are blunted so that the font appears almost round.
Return to County Meath List
Return to Gazetteer