Monaghan Market House
Map Reference: H670337 (2670, 3337)
Monaghan Market House was built in 1792 for General Cunninghame to designs by Colonel Samuel Hayes. It is a five-bay single-storey building. The central three bays have open arches and break forward slightly. They are topped by a pediment. These arches are flanked by rectangular niches. The gabled ends have a large central arch flanked by small round-headed niches.
Return to County Monaghan List
Return to Gazetteer