Map Reference: N007305 (2007, 2305)
This ruined castle was possibly built in 1220 by John de Grey. The shattered remains of a gatehouse and a keep sit on a motte close to the bank of the Shannon. It is surrounded by a deep ditch and a large bank except on the side near the river where there may have been a bailey.
Return to County Offaly List
Return to Gazetteer