Map Reference: G758144 (1758, 3144)
Castle Baldwin is a large, rectangular fortified house. It was built in the 17th century. The house is two storeys high with a basement and a double attic. None of the floors remain but the gables stand to full height and are topped by very fine chimneys. There are good roof weepers. The doorway in the east wall was protected by a machicolation at roof level. There is a small square flanking tower at the south-west corner. The building has a number of small defensive slits at the lower levels with larger windows at the upper levels. There are good fireplaces at both main levels.
Return to County Sligo List
Return to Gazetteer