Map Reference: R983406 (1983, 1406)
This round castle is intact to second floor level. About half the original doorway remains and it is protected by a murder-hole. There is a large rectangular room at each level and a mural stairway rises to the upper levels. No smaller chambers were noted. There are fireplaces at the first and second floors and the first floor is lit by two windows, the smaller one having an ogee head. At the roadside nearby is a boulder with a possible bullaun.
Return to County Tipperary List
Return to Gazetteer