Map Reference: R911885 (1911, 1885)
Ballylusky Castle is a 13th or 14th century hall-keep. The ruin consists of three ivy-covered walls with a good batter. There are at least two storeys with remains of a machicolation over the round-headed doorway. This doorway is a later insertion to replace the original first-floor entrance. The windows are round-headed and are set within deep recesses. There is no stairway but traces of mural chambers are visible including a corner chamber at the first floor. The walls are at least 2m thick at the base.
Return to County Tipperary List
Return to Gazetteer