Map Reference: R944806 (1944, 1806)
Little more than two storeys survive of this tower-house and much of the remains are hidden by ivy. The pointed entrance is in the south wall close to the SE corner. Unfortunately it is now blocked but it is known that there is a guard-chamber E of the doorway. A pointed doorway leads from the lobby to the ground floor which consists of two vaulted rooms with a rectangular connecting doorway. A mural stairway in the east wall leads to the first floor, which has a large fireplace in the south wall. Fragments of the second floor, including another fireplace in the south wall, remain.
Return to County Tipperary List
Return to Gazetteer