Fethard Corn Mill
Map Reference: S211349 (2211, 1349)
Just to the south of the Augustinian church stands a large mill. It is five storeys high by three bays wide and four (wide) bays long. It was originally built by Patrick O’Connell in 1795. The lintel over the doorway is inscribed 1847 RH. It is a corn mill and several millstones are on display outside. These include a fine pair of segmented French burr stones. There is no wheel but the appearance of the millrace suggests that the wheel was undershot.
Return to County Tipperary List
Return to Gazetteer