Map Reference: S326273 (2326, 1273)
Kilcash Castle is a very fine tower-house attached to the remains of a lower and more recent building. There are bartizans at the NW and SE corners and a machicolation over the doorway which is in the west wall. There are four chimney stacks. At least one of these is a later insertion since it leads from a fireplace now on the outside of the tower and originally in the upper storey of the later house. This house had two storeys plus attic. It has large window openings which have rough wooden lintels.
Return to County Tipperary List
Return to Gazetteer