Map Reference: R955385 (1955, 1385)
This small tower-house is now only two storeys high and vaulted above the first floor. The south wall is missing and may have contained the doorway.
The NW corner is rounded and also possibly the SE corner. However a covering of ivy obscures much of the detail. The castle stands on a rocky outcrop which has been quarried on the north and east sides thereby increasing the apparent height of the castle walls.
Return to County Tipperary List
Return to Gazetteer