Map Reference: S231320 (2231, 1320)
Kiltinan Church is a small rectangular building with north and south doorways. There is a good hinge-stone at the south doorway. At the east end there is a four-storey residential tower with good single-light windows set within deep recesses.
In the east wall there is a fine narrow, round-headed loop and a cross-shaped loop.
There was a two-storey addition to the east of this tower. It contained a stairway which gave access to the first floor of the tower. Only the gable mark remains.
A short distance from the east wall are two trapezoidal coffin lids more than half buried with the end showing. They were cross-inscribed but the carving is very worn and hard to see.
Return to County Tipperary List
Return to Gazetteer