St Ruadhan's Church, Lorrha
Map Reference: M916044 (1916, 2044)
To the south of the Dominican Priory is St Ruadhan's Church, which dates from the 15th century. It has good east and west windows and a richly decorated west doorway.
A little further south the Church of Ireland building occupies part of an older church. This older section has a 15th century doorway decorated with floral designs and a pelican feeding her young with drops of her blood.
In the graveyard is the decorated base of a High Cross and part of the shaft on another.
A little further on at the edge of the village is the motte.
Some Photos of St Ruadhan's Church by Simon Regan
Return to County Tipperary List
Return to Gazetteer