Caledon Market House
Caledon Market House was built about 1830. It is a simple two-storey building with four arched bays and a central small rectangular doorway. This doorway is now blocked and another door inserted in one of the outer blocked bays. The upper storey has three rectangular windows. In the market yard is a fine Gothick weigh-house and shelter which was built in 1873.
Recently the market house has been refurbished. The central doorway has been restored and all stonework has been removed from the arcade arches. They are now fully glazed.
Return to County Tyrone List
Return to Gazetteer