Fivemiletown Railway Station
Map Reference: H443476 (2443, 3476)
Fivemiletown Railway Station, on the Clogher Valley Railway, was opened in January 1887. It is a red brick building with a two-storey section with twin gable ends towards the platform. This section was the stationmaster's house. It was flanked on one side by outoffices and lavatory and on the other side by the booking hall and offices. There was a glazed wooden screen fronting on the platform. It was built by Dixon & Co of Belfast and closed on New Year's Day 1942. The building is now a private dwelling.
Return to County Tyrone List
Return to Gazetteer