Mahon Railway Viaduct, Kilmacthomas
Map Reference: S394063 (2394, 1063)
This eight-arch stone railway viaduct was built in 1873 by the Waterford, Dungarvan and Lismore Railway Company, which later became part of Great Southern and Western Railway. It was designed by James Otway and constructed by Smith Finlayon and Company, Glasgow. It spans a road, a mill race and the River Mahon. It was closed in 1982.
Return to County Waterford List
Return to Gazetteer