Map Reference: X048987 (2048, 0987)
The cathedral at Lismore was mainly built in 1633 but portions of it, including the chancel arch and south transept, may date from the 13th century. In the nave, near the west end, is the tomb of the McGrath Family dated 1557.
It is richly carved and the weepers include St Gregory the Great, St Catherine of Alexandria and St Patrick.
Close to the tomb is a collection of early cross-slabs and other carved stones.
Some Details of the Lismore Tomb
Return to County Waterford List
Return to Gazetteer