Map Reference: N305416 (2305, 2416)
This was originally a tuck mill built c1800. It consists mainly of a two-bay three-storey building with a three-storey return to the north. There is a small two-storey extension on the west side. It became a corn mill in the early 20th century at which time a corn-kiln was installed in the northern section. It has an internal wooden breast-shot wheel.
There are two sets of stones. It also has a crusher built in 1902 and installed in 1928, made by Bamford, Uttoxeter. The mill was worked until about 1966.
Return to County Westmeath List
Return to Gazetteer