Map Reference: S713149 (2713, 1149)
This fortified house was built by John Etchingham and was reputedly never finished. It was two storeys high and there are traces of at least three gables. It sits at the east end of a bawn which measures about 33m E-W and 13.5m N-S. This bawn has good round corner towers which are well-provided with gun-loops. The site is greatly overgrown and much of the detail is hidden. However there is a great deal of brickwork in evidence particularly at the corner towers. The castle is beside some stables which may date from the late 18th century.
Return to County Wexford List
Return to Gazetteer