Enniscorthy Market House
Map Reference: S972399 (2972, 1399)
This market house was built before 1813 by the 3rd or the 4th Earl of Portsmouth. It was originally a five-bay two-storey building with a three-bay two-storey south elevation. It is recorded that part of it was used as a parish school in 1813 and it had occasional use as a Methodist chapel in 1837. It was extensively renovated after 1908 when a top floor was added to accommodate use as a technical school. It remains in this use until 1973. It is now the County Council and Urban Council Offices.
Return to County Wexford List
Return to Gazetteer