New Ross Market House
Map Reference: S719276 (2719, 1276)
A tholsel existed on thes site as early as 1749. It was rebuilt in 1806 by Charles Tottenham incorporating fabric from the earlier building. The new building was designed by John Robinson. Tottenham along with John Cliffe and John Leigh sponsored the work. It is a five-bay two-storey structure with with a three-bay two-storey east elevation. By 1840 it was in use as a town hall and by 1862 the ground floor was in use as a library. It is now used as a town hall.
Return to County Wexford List
Return to Gazetteer