The Shambles Stallmarket, New Ross
Map Reference: S720276 (2720, 1276)
This market building may be the old corn market built in 1818 or the meat market built in 1831 (and originally built in 1749). There is an elliptical-headed carriageway as well as several the outline of several round-headed openings. A pointed-arch granite-lined niche has been inserted at the site of one of these former openings on the corner. It may have contained a fountain. The building now appears to be disused and fragmentary.
Return to County Wexford List
Return to Gazetteer