Map Reference: S769165 (2769, 1165)
This castle may have been built by the Prendergasts, probably in the 13th of 14th century. The centre of the building was occupied by a two-storey hall, off which opened living rooms with fireplaces. There was a tower at the SE corner with stairs and a garderobe. All the interior walls are now missing and all worked stone has been removed. The hall had tall windows and doorways which are now featureless gaps. Elsewhere there were small double-splay windows. The slight scarps in a field to the west of the castle indicate that the building stood at the NE corner of a bawn.
Return to County Wexford List
Return to Gazetteer