Map reference: T063070 (3063, 1070)
There are references to the Siggins Family of Co Wexford from 1342 and the family was dispossessed in 1654.The castle is attached to a two-storey, relatively modern, brick-built house. The original pointed doorway to was in the north wall and is now blocked. There is no access to the tower which is about five storeys high and has no crenellations. There are traces of a machicolation over the doorway and a chimney in the south wall seems to lead from the third floor. There is a latrine chute exit at the base of the east wall. The castle is lit throughout by many defensive loops including some good corner slits.
Return to County Wexford List
Return to Gazetteer