Map Reference: N957110 (2957, 2110)
Russborough House was begun in 1741 for Joseph Leeson, a wealthy Dublin brewer, who was to become 1st Earl of Milltown. It was designed by Richard Cassels and Francis Bindon of Clooney, Co Clare.
The central block is two storeys high over a basement. It is seven bays long.
It is joined by curving Doric colonnades to two-storey seven-bay wings attached to outbuildings by walls with rusticated arches surmounted by cupolas.
It houses a very fine collection of paintings and there is some magnificent plaster-work.
Return to County Wicklow List
Return to Gazetteer