Tinahely Market House
Map Reference: T036731 (3036, 1731)
This three-bay two-storey market market house sits in the middle of the square. It was built about 1820. The building has been used for office space and now houses the local library. The front of the building has a three-arched arcade at the ground floor with single arches in the adjoining walls.
At the rear of the building a double external stairway gives access to the first floor. The building is capped by a small square cupola with an ogee-hipped copper-clad roof. There is a clock and a weather vane.
Return to County Wicklow List
Return to Gazetteer